Monday, July 18, 2011

free fiddy free.

While in Germany, I had a bike.
She was Dutch. 
And brown.
And cute, with her cute basket and flowers.
I miss her.
+++
So, of course, I had to get a bike here in California...
Well, I was going to add one to my birthday wishlist
[seeing as I get another year older in August]
But a good family friend told me over margaritas,
[really, what else would it be over?]
that his wife has an old bike she wants to get rid of.
+++
I drove over, tested her out, and shoved her in the back of my car.
I love her, even though she is a mountain bike and will take some getting used to.
[I feel awkward on anything other than a cruiser...]
But, the best part is that she was FREE.

Now all she needs is a name.
Who has some ideas?
She's definitely a 'she' and she is black with hot pink lettering.
'Hard Rock' painted on her side.
She's light, but tough.
She needs a bad ass name.
+++
p.s. maxi dresses + havaianas = mountain bike gear...clearly.

5 comments:

  1. Clearly dressed for the occasion! :) A free bike sounds awesome. You're about $200 richer right now!
    I like the name Roxanne. Reminds me of the Police song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl to get a free bike! I have been trying to think of a name suggestion for you, but am drawing a blank. Finding the perfect name is tricky. Can't wait to hear what you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a contrast to your German bike -- I bet it's tough switching back away from the cruiser. I had never ridden one until Germany but their so hard to beat.

    Maybe Sharon. Like Sharon Osborne. OR like Sharon - short for Sharona. Like the My Sharona cover by The Number Twelve Looks Like You (YouTube it).

    Not badass enough? Yeah, I understand. I tried though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bike just like your lovely Dutch one you described. They are just so cute! Your new one looks fab as well. Maybe Roxy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. blah i miss my bike :( curious to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)