Friday, July 8, 2011

fill in the blank friday.

California summer is in full swing.
My pale German skin may not have been ready for it.
My non existent air conditioning in my car may be causing me to sweat more than normal on a five minute car ride, but it's okay. I'm getting by. Thankfully both sets of parents have pools.
Because I don't think I could handle it.
+++
Come link up with Lauren, and join the fun.

1. My plans this summer include spending time with family and friends I haven't seen in over a year, Lake Tahoe with the family, Oregon trip, drinking legally, and getting my native tan back.

2. The best summer I ever had was probably one of my summers while living in the Bay Area, so under 10 years old. I was on swim team and reeked of chlorine, my hair was white blonde with a tint of green, we played with the neighborhood kids from sun up to sun down. Roller-blades, popsicles, tadpole catching in the creek, family trips...really just the essence  of childhood. But my favorite "grown up" summer would be the summer after I graduated high school. Euro Grad trip...amazing.

3. Summer is for BBQ's, swimming, sun kissed skin to match sun drenched hair, road trips, bare feet, and open air concerts.

4. My favorite summer food is anything barbecued. Truly. I am obsessed with barbecuing everything. Especially grilled veggies. Yum.

5. The best way to quench summer thirst is with a margarita. Or an ice cold beer. By the pool.

6. My summer uniform consists of a bathing suit, covered by a cute dress, and sandals.

7. The best thing about summer is that it gives me a sense of childhood innocence and adventure. Also, my birthday is in August, and I love how my hair looks after being in the pool :)
+++
my summer days:
 hanging with the little broski, and coffee by the pool.
&
my summer nights:
one hundred and twenty seven beers on tap, girlfriends who are 'European' like me, and tacos+strawberry margaritas. love.

5 comments:

  1. Bay area? Tanning? BBQing!? I LOVE all your answers!!! Oh, and a cold beer sounds like heaven right now... It's 99˚ at 10:30... which is totally not fair! Haha! =)


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...totally forgot how my hair also used to be green as a child from all the days at the pool hahaha I guess it happens to the best of us :) You are having too much fun with your girlfriends...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I'm totally going to do this too! Grilled veggies-oh man, I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow. I'll probably make a margarita to go with it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's grill some veggies! Zucchini is the best grilled, which i discovered in Deutschland. Let's play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post gave me such an itch for summer...as it doesn't exist in norway right now (even though the norwegians think it does...im sorry i can't swim in 55 degrees).

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)