Sunday, July 24, 2011

the beach.

I'm not a beach kind of girl.
But I love being in Lake Tahoe, sitting shore side, because of the surrounding mountains.
The snow covered peaks frame the crystal blue water, and I'm in love.


The water may be colder than a Southern California beach, the sand a bit sharper.



But the scenery is too good to pass up.



Giant redwoods and pines separate the busy road from the busy beach.



The toys of choice are speed boats, jet ski's, + paddle boards.


My drink of choice is a frozen margarita.
As per usual.



My skin is bronzed and covered in sand; my heart full.
Just the way I like it.

*Again, photos are taken by me on my brother's DSLR.

7 comments:

  1. I have YET to visit Tahoe but I know some people who used to (and maybe still do?) live down there... you would think I would be a good friend and visit them. Looks like a blast girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not a beach goer either, but sometimes nothing feels better than toes in the sand and a frozen drink in hand. i would give anything for that right now!!! hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay beach trips! The beaches in Northern California are usually too cold to actually enjoy, even in the middle of the summer. Now that I live in AZ I don't get real beach trips without long car rides or plane trips.... but somehow I spend WAY more time in the pool and I've got a pretty awesome tan so far!

    I do miss Tahoe though. I've spent so many years of my life visiting Tahoe and now it's so far away... Maybe I'll figure out a trip this winter! Skiing tahoe rocks my socks!

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love days like this. Where are you in Tahoe? We used to stay in Tahoma/West Shore

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)