Thursday, August 4, 2011

take me back to the louvre


One of the reasons I would like to give Paris a second go-around is the Louvre.
I am a major art nerd (future Art History teacher hopeful) and could get lost for days here among the ancient sculptures and masterpieces. 
When there four years ago, we only had half of a day to explore. We got off our red eye train from Berlin and walked straight into the Museum. Not ideal conditions for a day dedicated to art, but you take what you can get. 
I saw the Mona Lisa and was good and didn't take a picture (since it wasn't allowed...bad children who did) and got to pose next to one of my absolute favorites:
The Winged Victory, or, Nike
[seen above]
a particular Asian tourist felt the need to pose in my photo...sweet.
The architecture of the museum is drool worthy for architecture lovers like myself.
The collection, vast and inspiring.

The Louvre is a Paris must, and for some, like me, the main reason to visit...again!

2 comments:

  1. Winged Victory - awesome. Mona Lisa - wtf? It's tiny. Just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Louvre was so interesting! Love the Asian tourist in your picture. Classy ;)

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)