Tuesday, August 2, 2011

i love books: part one

In my last post I mentioned some gems I found at the thrift store in Kings Beach.
I love books. Love them.
I have a minor obsession with Dr. Seuss and large coffee table art books.
But, I especially love vintage books filled with character and handwritten notes from years before I was even born.
+++
So when I found these National Geographic United States and World Atlas Encyclopedia combos, (wow, say that five times fast...) I freaked. Fuh-reeked.
They were only $5.00 for both...win!
 They have the cutest covers and retro-pop illustrations.

I love that you can tell how old it is by the fact that East and West Germany are separate. 
[They were published in the late seventies]

My two homes :)
[please excuse my effed up nail...]
+++
Do any of you also collect things? What are your "must have" gems?

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool! I have yet to venture into the book sections of my thrift stores because I'm always in the housewares section. I collect vintage Pyrex and vintage Thermoses. I need to get my butt into the book section next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love huge coffee table books too! where in california are you from? i lived in San Diego for 4 years and am going back tomorrow. love that state. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee table books are my kryptonite. I could spend forever in a used bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a bookworm too! Great finds! We just went thrifting last weekend, and I had to restrain myself from bringing home stacks full of dusty books:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)