Friday, August 19, 2011

oregon in july

I love, love, love, love, the beautiful state of Oregon.
It's no secret, and I'll be headed there for school next year.
[maybe sooner] 
But for now, the two youngest grand kids, my brother Tucker, and cousin Gwen are headed to UO next month.
We drove up for their IntroDUCKtion and to visit Portland + Eugene.

The drive up was beautiful, as per usual, with Mt. Shasta and Shasta Lake as viewing points.


We arrived on campus where the 'kids' went off with their orientation group, while I walked the streets of Eugene with my mom and aunt. I also had the pleasure of sitting through the parent classes and meetings as well.
[insert sarcasm here, please]
Not going to lie though, I was totes jeal. 
Totally should have gone away to college after high school.

[name the movie this building was in]
You're right, it was Animal House!

I obsessed over the architecture and bikes.
Obviously.
--------------------------------
I'm so excited for Tuck and G...
GO DUCKS!

Where did you go to school?
Who is your favorite team?

8 comments:

  1. Lucky you...Oregon is beautiful! Both of my cousins went to college there as well (they live in Portland now). We just got back from a family reunion in Lincoln City...the Oregon coast is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. what??? your moving right smack into my neck of the woods.

    GO DUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous. If I ever visit my cousin who goes there, I'll totally have to meet up with you!
    I go to Cal State San Bernardino. Definitely should have gone away to school. Commuting to school is not very glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i took a trip out to the pacific northwest two years ago (my first which is sad) and my goal was to go to washington for a few days and oregon for one. i ended up falling in love with oregon and stayed there nearly the whole time! so i totally understand why you're wanting to go there too!!!

    my fav school is ohio states or univ. of virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers, Oregon looks gorgeous! How exciting for you bro! And how tiny is that dorm!?! Sheesh, so glad I was able to avoid those! haha

    And going abroad is WAY cooler than going to college right out of high school (a lot of Aussies do that)! But Oregon does look way cool! Wish I would have seen pictures like these when I was looking into colleges back in '08!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photos are beautiful, what a great part of the world

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mountains! Oregon looks so gorgeous and fresh. (This is Lindsay from My Life As A Foreigner...my computer will only let me comment annonymously urgh!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting via your guest post over at Megan's blog :)

    So I totally agree with you - I wish I'd went away for college. Mine was 30 mins away from my hometown and I feel like I missed out on a real experience. We didn't even have a football team! Although our baseball team went to the World Series every year and won while I was in college. But even that didn't spark school spirit. I went to a big commuter school in Orange County, CA.

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)