Sunday, June 19, 2011

yo pops!

dear padre,
today is the official day to celebrate you, which is cool, yet sorta lame in the sense that you don't need one day. because you are rad, and i love you. so i think i can celebrate you whenever i very well please to. but officially, today, you have celebrated 21 dias de los padres. maybe 22 if you count when i was just a wee fetus, but who knows. anyway, i would like to take this time out to be perfectly honest 'cuz there's a lot shi...just kidding, i wont rap an eminem song for you. however fitting it is, with the title "hailie's song"...okay getting off the freeway there. 

dad, you are such an amazing person and i feel like in the past i haven't shown that to you often, or even told you. but i really think you are. you are the greatest father anyone could ask for. you have a way of teaching us kids about life that is different from anyone else. supporting us to grow and foster our passions, yet staying close enough to us in case we fall and need help, which we usually do. i feel incredibly blessed to have you as a father. all of my fondest memories of growing up have been either at the las trampas swimming pool, or on vacation somewhere as a family. yosemite, bollibaka, hawaii, mendocino, tennesse, oklahoma, tahoe, san diego...any kid would be lucky enough to call you dad. 

you have instilled a sense of creativity, travel, independence, maturity, and humor in your kids, especially me (i like to hope) and i thank you for that. 

so "daddy-boy", 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, I LOVE YOU!!!
love, hay bay


one of my most favorite pictures ever:

and of course, a happy father's day shout out to my wonderful step father, TAP!
like i've said before
i have amazing step parents. 
Tap, you have been there as a dad for us for quite a while now...and i'm so glad you've stuck around with us crazies! i know we can be trying at times, a little chaotic and weird, but you know your life is more full because of it...and ours because of you :) 
happy father's day!
love, hailstorm


and well, no holiday would be complete on see.hay.fly without a batch of hysterical father's day cards.
[all available at someecards.net]








 haha, so true!

and this one made me seriously laugh out loud because yes, i have been there :)

happy father's day to all of the dad's out there :)
xo, hay

14 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the ecards at the end. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay-Bay: Thanks for one of the most touching and sincere Father's Day gifts I've ever received. The timing of your email this morning (6:50 am CA time) was fantastic, as the house is all asleep, and I've been having some special "me" time - drinking coffee, reading the papes, and inevitably turning to thoughts of my own father. I miss him on Father's Day more than any other...and your refreshing recollections of our memories of past times reminds me too of my own childhood with my father. Thank you for that, and thank you for 21 special Father's Days we've shared so far...
    BTW/BIF - try to find a bookstore that has American-authored books in English, and track down a book by Justin Halpern; it's called, "Sh*t My Dad Says." Busted a gut laughing so hard at some truly hysterical "son-father" memories told by the son....I would have sent you the copy I just finished reading, but it would get there after you've come home.

    Can't wait to have you home again! Happy Father's Day to all the other pops & peeps in Hayley's Blogland!!!

    Love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful job with these, Hay. Always a delight to see your work.
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the of pictures and am literally doubled over in laughter from the e-cards - too funny! Happy Father's Day to your Dad (and Step-dad)!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collage of pictures with your dad/step dad!
    I'm also very happy you found my blog! I haven't even met anyone at my school with the same major as me :p It's so cool that you are in Germany too! My friend lives there on an army base with her husband near Bad Windsheim...where ever that is haha.
    Have a great day wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um how sweet your dad commented on your post! Love it :) Also LOVE that photo of the train. So very sweet!

    I just sent my dad an ecard from someecards a little while ago. That site cracks me up 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Specially your collage!! I can tell is one COOL DAD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with your blog. It's so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this post and the reply from your dad!! my parents don't know i have a blog, but even if they did, they would have NO IDEA how to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome :-) your dad seems like an amazing man and father!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love someecards. They crack me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. daddies ARE the best.

    LOVE those ecards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww how adorable! such great photos of you and your family. the cards are hilarious! hope you had a great father's day!

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet post! I love that shot of your dad and the train. Those Father's Day cards are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)