Sunday, May 8, 2011

word to yo motha



 i kind of went picnik crazy with the above banner. but i can't help it, i love when they get new designs.
anywho.
mothers day shout out.
----------------------------
dear mama,
happy mother's day. you are the best, really.
i think it may be because i've been out of the house for almost ten months now...but whatever the reason, i am coming to appreciate you (and dad, and tap, and kate) a lot more. you have always been there for me no matter what. have always given me, and alex and tucker, all of your love, support, and understanding. even at times when we didn't deserve it. can anyone say 'junior year of high school'?!


you aren't just my mom, but also my friend. 
we get stoked about meeting justin timberlake, shop together, craft, gossip about celebrity baby names, watch HGTV, cry, and laugh so hard until we cry and or pee in our pants together.
just kidding about the last one...maybe.


you were there for me when i fell and skid across the asphalt, busting my chin open in second grade.
you were also there when alex dropped the magnum flashlight on my head, busting my forehead open in fourth grade...and while i had my head glued back together.
you were there when i cried over boys in highschool.
there when i was failing a class.
and most recently, you were there when i needed to be driven to the airport so i could fly halfway across the world to a place i didn't know, with people i'd never met.
you were always there, and you still always are.


you have showed me so much in this world and we have seen so much together. i'm so grateful for everything you have done and continue to do, despite any set backs life has given you, and ultimately, us.
i dream of one day being the mother you are, to my own littles.

 (i'd like to call this collage: the many haircolors of hayley...)

i love you mama.
i love that you were able to come visit and we went to amsterdam together.
i love our mother daughter bond, and really love that i don't have to share it with anyone else.
selfish? nope.
just an only daughter thing.
i love that you and i share a love for all things worldly, and i can't wait to do more traveling together.
let's do uruguay next!


i'm so lucky to call you my mom.
xoxo
love, hayley elizabeth.

this is from one of my favorite john mayer songs.
i made it pretty for all of the mamas out there.
if you want, feel free to take one for yourself.
it's original size from picnik is 2000x2000, but you can do it however you'd like.
--------------------------------------
not only do i have the best mom ever, i'm lucky enough to have an amazing step mom as well.
there are a lot of people who can't say that,
lots of patchwork families that don't mesh well. but i really lucked out in the step parent department, and i know how lucky i am.
so also,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, KATE!!!
you've been so great and loved alex, tucker, and myself as your own, and are a wonderful mom to jackson!
love, hayles
...pretty sure i spelled bolibaka wrong...SORRY DAD!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
happy mama's day to all of the beautiful mama's out there.
you guys freaking rock!
+
if anyone needs an ecard for a mom in their life, here are some wonderful ideas:
perfect for step-mama's

 perfect for those who play favorites

 perfect for meghan and megan
mom's who love trashy tv as much as i do.

 perfect for mom's who are tired of paying for shit.

inappropriate, yet perfect for my mother who wouldn't want me to share the story on the interweb while it's so fresh...so i wont. 
'cuz i'm nice like that. and it's mother's day. but one day, MOM, i will tell the story of how my child ended up with the nickname snatch as a fetus...
+++++
word to your mother.
xoxoxo, hay.


4 comments:

  1. Well Hayley, you managed to make me cry and laugh so absurdly out loud that I nearly snotted myself.....so I got that goin' for me.....which is nice. Your Mother's Day "Shout Out" was touching and talented and awesome. The suggested "e-cards" were hilarious. I need to go clean my shirt now. Thanks for reminding us all again what an incredible person, artist, COMEDIENNE, and yes - - daughter - you are. Enjoy these last few weeks of your Euro-Journey....and take a moment to say a little prayer for my favorite Euro - Seve. Love to you from All of Us.

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hayles, so incredible! I was enjoying my Mother's Day in the SF Bay Area and didn't even see this until I saw Rani mention it on FB! Classic! Incredible! Means the world to me. Love it (except that I take horrible pictures but we already know that!) Love the hair colors and the adventures. Very nice to include Kate. You mean the world to me as my one and only daughter.
    I love you the most!
    Xxoo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down...greatest post ever! I love that you used the word snatch...not once, but several times. I love the e-cards...frickin hilarious...love that your mom is a JT groupie...love that your parents both commented above. Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww such love!! I hope someday miss Kennas feels this way about her mama! Love love love it... and love my small shout out in there (hell yeah for trashy TV!) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)