Saturday, June 4, 2011

kendall's visit: part three

so, we went to amsterdam when kendall was here. 
the night before, we were out with the boys and decided, "hey! why don't you guys come with us?!"
well, since they are pretty rad, they said, "okay!"
so, henning, jan, kendall, and myself left the train station bright, early, and tipsy, headed for amsterdam.
to chronicle our journey, i'll write it in the form of a love letter.

dear amsterdam,
i think i'm in love with you.
actually, i know that i am. 
after experiencing you one time prior, i had to come back for more.
not once, not twice, but three times.

i love your architecture.



i love your graffiti.

i love your canals.

i love your flowers.

i love your signs and treasures painted on buildings.

i love your colorful stores.


i also love how you are a wee bit dangerous.
making us feel lucky to have some german men with us to stroll your dark streets at night.
i've always had a thing for danger and mystery.

amsterdam, i think it's clear where we are headed. 
i know i'm leaving your continent in three weeks, but i will come back for you.
i always have.
you are the bomb.com, the bees knees, the cheese to my macaroni.
also, i want to live here:

until we meet again.
yours,
hayley

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are outstanding. Makes me miss our trip. The love letter is perfect. You are oh so clever! Xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea for a post. I love all your pics and love the same things about the city as you. I may have to copy this love letter idea someday, but if I ever do, I will of course give you a major shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am determined to live in Amsterdam at some point in my life.

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)