Wednesday, June 15, 2011

hallo.hi.hola.ni hao.ciao.bonjour.g'day.

i can say hi seven different ways off of the top of my head. 
what can you do toady, huh?
------------------
so today i was going through my google reader and loved the idea behind megan's post about having a meet and greet. well, i have gained some new followers on this little blog here and have loved getting to know people on the internet. in a totally non creepy way, mind you.
the link up is over here and the idea behind it is to give new readers an idea of who you are and why you are on the internet. a.k.a how did the blog blossom?

so this is me:
well, me at twelve. but i like this picture because i was so cute, tan, and blonde.
so not the case anymore.

this is me now:

but i'm usually acting my age and look more like this on a daily basis:

i'm about to turn twenty-two.
don't worry about it.

anyway, hello readers.
i started this blog right before i left home for a year abroad in germany.
that year is coming to a close in ten short days.
i'm simultaneously stressing about packing (a.k.a not packing), excited to see my family and besties, depressed about leaving my german family and besties, but mostly shoving my face with german chocolate, cheese, and beer before i wont be able to have it as frequently.
[priorities]

when i get home, this blog will keep on keeping on.
following my adventures around the west coast + if i'm lucky the rest of the u.s. 
also following my passions for art and photography.
  
i like lots of things in life. like good food + beer, flea markets, maps, crafts, architecture, music, and roadtrips.
you will definitely find a lot of that here.

i try to keep these posts light hearted and funny, because that's just how i roll.

in the next coming weeks i'll be vamping this space up a bit with a new about me, weekly features, and all things related to art + travelling.

until then, grab a coffee, look around if you please, and get to know me.
if you are new here and want to be friends, let me know, and i will creep your blog.
and i mean creep in the best way possible.
it's a term of endearment for me.

besos, hay.

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your travels home! I am happy to hear you will be keeping up the blog! I am heading back to Canada at the end of July, only for 6 weeks, but I can kind of relate to the mixed feelings of leaving the foreignness. I'm super excited to see my friends and family, but am will miss my Danish people too. I have also been loading up on Danish pastries and baked goods, but that seriously needs to stop, especially considering I am coming right back! Do you plan on doing any more expating in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like the feeling of leaving a place that you have become attached to over the past year!! But I must say I love the feeling of being excited to head home but a little bit sad to say goodbye to your new favorite places and people!! Hope you are enjoying every minute!!

    Good luck with your trip home and thanks so much for putting me on your blog role - the favor is returned!!

    xox,
    karen

    www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived abroad, I missed my family SO much around month 6. Then, when I got home, I missed Italy SO much. Soak up every last minute (and by soak, I also mean soak in the beer and chocolate too), it'll fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! OK so I saw the picture at the beginning and I did a double take and was like "I don't think I've ever seen a blogger that young before!" and THEN I realized :p LOVE your layout - so adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from the Meet and Greet. I see that you're a Pinterest fan as well. I am completely obsessed and will definitely be following your boards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now a new follower thanks to the meet n greet. Good luck with the move back to the states, will definitively keep reading. Love your sense of humor, I feel the same way about creeping...er, I mean following.

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)