Thursday, September 15, 2011

crayons+sun

When I saw it on Pinterest, I knew it had to be done.


It started out with a long canvas, some hot glue, and crayons.


Next: the hairdryer.
Which took for-ev-er.
After 10 minutes this is all that I was working with:
One little drip.

So I took it to the next level.
Dryer to crayon contact, and got this:

Which worked out but was making the wax fly all over the canvas and not really pouring out like Pinterest showed me it would.
I gave up and decided to put it in the backyard for a few hours since it's still in the 90's [sometimes 100's] up in hurrr.

Way better. 
Even better when I held it up and let it slide down the canvas.


The final product on my bedroom wall:


Verdict:
LOVE

9 comments:

  1. Love it!! I also love that the direct contact from the hair dryer wouldn't melt the crayons, but this ridiculous California heat would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh this is so cool....it really shows off the artist in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Well done - don't know if I have the same creative flair to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seriously wanted to do this ever since I've seen it on Pinterest. I now know that I'm going to have to get a few blow dryers. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been wanting to try this for sooooo long! my brother pushed crayons thru a hot glue gun and it turned out pretty cool. yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this too! I can't remember where... but I wanted to try it. I am so glad you did it! turned out super cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, LOVE. IT. I was totes going to do this come summer time. I imagine Sydney, come a few months, will have no mercy on those crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh i am dying to do this!! why do i procrastinate such cool things?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I love this idea so much I just called in the bf to come look at it. He didn't like it anywhere near as much as me haha :)

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)