Thursday, September 8, 2011

cocktails, crafts, and cupcakes!

A few weeks ago, on my birthday actually, I opted to have some girlfriends over for a cocktails and crafts night, with a side of cupcakes.
I got the idea from Becky, over at Rub Some Dirt On It who has ongoing cocktail and craft afternoons with her friends and their children. Even though I'm missing the whole "children" part of that activity, I knew it could still be fun since I'm crafty and so are my friends.

I kept working on my scrapbook from this last year in Germany, while the others had projects of their own.
Here are some of my favorite pages:
 my little mister who I miss dearly.

 the front page.
I have a ton of scrapbooking supplies. Honestly, enough to fill an entire craft room.
Unfortunately though, I don't have room for a craft room and probably wont until I own my own home but, it's okay...it'll be worth it...

tons of tokens from Germany, and lots of embellishments to go with it.
I'm a serious craft nerd. Like, fo' realz.


We wined and dined on fancy cupcakes, Trader Joe's yummy appetizers, Cupcake label Chardonnay [new favorite], Mike's hard PINK lemonade [so very girly; love], and it wouldn't be a complete Hayley event without margaritas.
+++
I can definitely see this becoming a tradition, not just for birthdays, for regular girls' nights' in. For my first go around, it was a success but next time I would love to go all out with decoration and take more photos of everyone and their projects with my camera instead of iphone.
Nevertheless, I love cocktails + crafts nights.

11 comments:

  1. Um...hello?!? Brilliant!! I love cocktails and I love craft nights. Can I come???

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea for a girls night! I haven't done scrap booking in ages. I love the way yours turned out. Scrap booking while drinking margs sounds FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhhm, yeah. How freakin' awesome is this? Booze and fun crafty stuff with cupcakes! I'm quite jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, what a GREAT idea! i'll deinitely have to plan a night like this. and i have soooo many scrapbook supplies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! Cocktails and cupcakes make anything more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday sweetie. Oh and I love the idea of cupcakes, cocktails and crafts. Ugh, why didn't I think of that. Anyway, I should do this with my girls soon. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was happy to help you behind the scenes. It was a great way to celebrate your birthday, sweet daughter of mine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad I missed this! Looked so fun. we will have to recreate a version of it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME idea. I saw this post once about a place in Houston where you could go take an art lesson and drink wine - but this seems like an awesome and more flexible substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOO HOO!! I am so happy you did it and it looks like an absolutely stellar time. I am going to write a fabulous post giving you so much love :) Thanks for doing it and I hope you do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea...and also inspired me to get working on my Europe scarp book asap. I wish I had half of the supplies you do that would make it way funner!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)