Friday, May 6, 2011

a weekend in berlin.

last weekend, the whole family drove east to berlin for the cousins holy communion.
we stayed in a hotel in the same building as the fam's flat, and enjoyed walking around all day saturday.
we explored the "neues museum", or "new museum" which housed the current egyptian exhibit.
we also wandered around the nice shopping areas and artsy bits of town...the best parts, duh.


all of the photos were taken on my iphone since my beloved canon point and shoot broke.
yes, it is dreadfully tragic.
i loved that camera.
but, the best mom in the whole entire world freaking bought me a new one and is sending it my way!
yes, yes, you can be jealous she isn't your mom. 
and no, i'm not spoiled. i'll be dishing out a lot of moolah for my dream DSLR the second i get back stateside.
my mom just rocks, that's all.





i love berlin.
really, really love it there. when i was there on the grad trip almost four years ago, i adored it.
it is full of culture, full of history (of course, c'mon now), full of art, and full of things to do.
it's a huge city, but one worth visiting for sure.
if you haven't already.

  that's my dream vintage vespa...drool.


 some crazy/cute boys + a lovely little lady decked out in her holy communion best.

 group shot.

 family shot.

 oma + opa shot.

pretty rolling green hills on the drive back.
ich liebe dich, berlin!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I visit it one day,looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berlin is so fun! I loved the Egyptian museum!!! So sad about your camera :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just in Berlin last weekend, for my first time, and I fell absolutely, completely in love. We spent the weekend sightseeing, eating at restaurants, and hitting up the cocktail bars on Oranienstrasse. Next time I go back, I am spending the whole trip exploring the fabulous museums!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)