Sunday, March 4, 2012

on being crafty.

lately, and luckily, for the past few months i've been feeling extremely crafty and have made time for my creative expression. here's a glimpse at what's been going down.
 my germany scrapbook has been getting a lot of love. i'm actually scrapping march of 2011, so not too far behind. except i still need to scrap italy...in an entirely separate book. 

 i felt very crafty at christmas. kate [step-mama] got a kitchen aid mixer painting. 
of course i took no picture of the end result, but it was very, very adorable.

 laycee + kevin recieved mini painting magnets for christmas.
i found cute 3x3 canvas squares at michael's and aaron brothers.

 henning got a super awesome mini scrapbook of our favorite pictures together from germany + america
[separate post on this later]

 i, the person who received a C- in eighth grade home ec., made a banner for mama's birthday.
scrapbook paper + ribbon + hot glue works wonders.

 i also made these letters to spell out 'READ' as a gift for mama.
i got the letters at joann's, and found vintage books at the goodwill. 
i then ripped and cut sections out and modge podged them the the wooden letters.
once finished, i added red craft paint on the sides for an extra punch.
again, no after picture...of course.

 one of my favorite pictures from the europe book.
i found the giant glitter letters at michaels. they're a bit pricey, so that 40% off coupon helps a lot.
green hounds tooth paper is from a giant pack 
[found at hobby lobby]
and the other paper, ribbon, and embellishments are from my local [amazing] scrapbook store,
if you are in the sacramento/roseville area and you love to scrapbook you have to visit. 

 another page from my book
[lovely picture, of course]

 i found these awesome papers and ribbons at a little shop in berkeley.
i was in heaven and wanted everything.

for valentine's day, i made valentine's for each kid in my class.
[that's 30, thank you very much]
for my boys, green, zebra print, and toy lizards.
for my girls, gold, pink glitter, and nail polish.
 switching up the fonts...

 glitter detail.

the lizards came in a pack of eight at the dollar store, and the nail polishes in a pack of two, also found at the dollar store, so it was pretty cheap and easy to make. the green and gold scaffold cards were purchased at green tangerines, duh.

 one of my new favorite pages, ever.

probably the time where i get to be the most artsy and crafty is at work.
my kids are really independent and self sufficient so i'm not having to guide them during art 
[which i oppose of anyway] 
but this makes it so i am able to sit down with them sometimes and make art.
or, i just get to witness awesome three year old creativity all day long.

the last two weeks, the curriculum theme was transportation.
during the second half (last week) i focused on travel, and how we go places. 
i purchased u.s.a road maps and atlas' from the dollar section at target, and had the kids paint on them with watercolor. they turned out beautifully and i had them tell me something about maps. this quote was one of my favorites. three year old innocence is beautiful.

+++
that's most of the craftiness for now.
the blogging has been sporadic because we are moving this week and next week.
not far, just down the road actually, and i'm very excited for a new start and this charmingly, adorable, old house. but moving and packing and unpacking is a bit stressful, for sure. 
so i'll try to be around more often :)
xo, hay

12 comments:

  1. Love all your scrapbook pages! Such great ideas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your craftiness! i wish i was as into scrapbooking as i used to be. it's so relaxing.
    the valentines for the kids could not be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so awesome. I love all the homemade gifts, always more special and usually a money saver. I would love to make scrapbooks but never make the time and instead just constantly look through pictures on my computer which is not half as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing friend :) I love all of this. And I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, Miss Hay! So very proud of you!
    Xxoo,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the best teacher ever! Lizards and nail polish!? I wish my preschool teacher was as great as you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok it's up! thanks for letting me feature your creativeness!
    http://anightowlblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinning-going-global.html

    kimberly :)

    ps - i went and bought those dollar bin target maps last night! excited to figure out how we'll use them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! Newest follower and teacher! Glad I found your blog - love this fun crafty post and I LOVE your vday cards!! Wish I was a little girl in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! You are a scrapbooking pro! Love it! Wish I was this crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrapbooking is my favorite!!! We should have a scrapbooking party next :)

    I'm SOOOOOOO happy we got to meet today! Let's PLEASE hang out before i leave!

    No, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, your artistic ability I am so jealous of. I love {{understatement in this statement}} it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you print out your instagram photos through a service? They're such an odd shape, but I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)