Sunday, March 11, 2012

internet friends, turned real life friends

you guys, i just made six new friends.
yesterday morning i had the pleasure of meeting six wonderful ladies over brunch.
they were strangers, we had only talked on the internet.
the only things we had in common [pre-meet up] were our blogs, and the fact that we lived in northern california.


and, as scary as meeting strangers on the internet can be, i assure you that this was not one of those situations.
i picked up ana on my way, and we met up with the other ladies, bailey, meg, alex, tracy, and kimberly, at the tower cafe in midtown.


we talked about anything, and everything. there was no room for silence and awkwardness. topics included our blogs [duh], hobbies, significant others, weddings, babies, food, and travel. oh my goodness, so much travel talk. i think everyone's travel bugs were going crazy [i know mine definitely was!] discussing travel stories, travel tips, living abroad, dream expeditions...anything under the sun. 


 blazer, tank, and necklace courtesy of nordstrom [shocker], jeans via old navy [another huge shocker] and sparkly champagne flats found at payless, satchel from target. 
food coma courtesy of the seasonal french toast. 


we met up at eleven in the morning, and people, let me tell you...i did not get back to my house until five thirty in the evening. that's how much these gals rock.

 ana made these adorable party favors, inside was a yummy red velvet cupcake.

 cute, minus that whole lighting issue.

 self photo bomb. 
self timer was on...so silly.


it was fun.
lots of fun.
so much fun that we are planning another get together...wine tasting!

so ladies, thank you! i'm so glad to call each one of you a new friend. 
and readers, go check them out...for reals.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun afternoon! I was also nervous before my first blate (lol), but then it SO well! Must be a blogger thing :)

    I love Bailey - she's awesome!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo super fun! I almost called to see if you wanted to get drinks tonight, but I haven't really gotten out of bed today, LOL. Sooo, Friday night? Let's dooooo something :)

    Stealing a couple pictures :)

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to meet you!!! Im looking forward to seeing you girls again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh my gosh i wish i went. ive been itching to meet some bloggers! one of these days it will happen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I can't wait until I'm in the states and blogger meetups can be a regular thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tower cafe looks so good! I need to go there whenever I get around to visiting home... Sad I had to miss this meet up! Must have been great meeting blog friends in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how fun! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw fun times! I'm a new follower and I'm from Sacramento too! Native :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you through Ana's blog! looks like such an awesome meet up. plus, you can't beat tower cafe!

    happy monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great meeting you this weekend! I still can't believe how much time we spent chatting. It was an awesome morning/afternoon.

    We should start planning our next meet-up soon. I have a feeling the next one will draw a bigger crowd--I already have one friend who is interested and I'm sure everybody's blog posts will draw more interest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like can I fly to NoCal for the next meet up? Too extreme? Looks way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos turned out great! This was so incredibly fun and I can't wait to do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a very fun time! I can't believe we all talked that long! wine tasting will be even more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos.
    Followed. And maybe you'll stop by me someday. =)

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for blates!!!
    Exactly one year, last weekend, I met up with bloggers for the very first time... and we had so much fun that this past weekend, my new blog bestie and I had dinner to celebrate our blog date anniversary. Totally cheese, but loads of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! Going to a blogger meetup is on my bucket list. Also in Sac. New follower. Hope you stop by and see me sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great meet-up! You got some great pics.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds awesome :) That's great you took that step to meet up! Looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)