Wednesday, January 4, 2012

hello january

i've been trying to write a proper post showcasing the end of two thousand eleven for a few days now. the new year should bring with it a fresh start, resolutions, recollections, and gratitude. while i am experiencing such things, i'm currently caught in the middle of a few transitions.

 i'm starting a new job [officially] on monday, teaching preschool full time.
i am beyond excited. this is what i have experience in, what i love doing, and i couldn't be happier. and any other things going on are boring, trivial, yet need to be done. once i get into a normal routine i think i'll be feeling refreshed and ready to make two thousand twelve my bitch best year ever.
+++
last week, we celebrated the birthdays of my lovely mom and step daddio with a joint celebration.
mama turned the big five-oh in november and tap [the endearing name for the step daddio] turned fifty on new years day.

it was a fun evening full of yummy drinks, street tacos, and dancing.
dancing that was caught on video but should never see the light of the internet due to the fact that people's employment and relationships could be in jeopardy.
+++
happy two thousand and twelve people, maybe tomorrow i'll post some resolutions...and stuff.







5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a little slice of what looked like a wonderful party! Great to see some new faces and some familiar ones as well! May 2012 bring us all great things! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing birthday celebration!

    I'm with you on being a bit behind in the new year due to work - I'm on day four of trying to get a 2011 re-cap up on the blog!

    I sent you an email letting you know I received all your sweet, adorable baby clothes and gave them to Enough in a mini baby shower... she was overwhelmed. Please send me your address whenever you have time so I can send you a little thank you :) I will post about her baby shower in the next week or so!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, looks like you guys had fun. Tell them both Happy birthday!!! Congrats on the new job, that is definitely your calling:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hayley,

    thank you for stopping by at my blog.
    I'm going to read your blog now :)

    It's so cool that you worked as an au pair in germany.
    Osnabrück is not so far from the place where I live currently.
    When I left school I wanted to work as an au pair in the US but changed my plans and started to study.

    Happy new year ^___^

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)