Sunday, January 22, 2012

a few things...

some things have been going on lately.
not super exciting, but life.

my parents had a joint fiftieth birthday party after christmas.
dancing was had by all.

i've been painting my nails a lot and trying to be fun with my hair.
yes. i'm blogging about braids.

i've also been taking pictures of my outfits, and realizing that i basically wear the same thing everyday.
over sized tank, cardigan, and skinny jeans.
yay for red jeans though, i love them.

i left my retail job [finally] for a [way] better opportunity [more on that farther down] and found this moustache in a package. i took it home.
tucker came home for christmas break, we have a mice problem in our tract home, and i'm still working through the help.

my brother, tucker, and i have such conversations in the middle of the night. obviously we only like our own beds for sleeping. i found the dress while shopping with my mom but didn't want to pay fifty dollars because, a. i'm broke, and b. i didn't really need it. but i thought about it all week and mama brought it home for me. i love it. i've also been sporting my earrings that were gifted to me from santa, they're from this shop and i am completely obsessed. i need another pair [or ten]. i also reached 100 followers, so thank you, peeps, for being here to share my life. i guess i should post more now, huh.

january has brought with it some beautiful skies.

so, the new job: preschool. 
yes, i'm teaching again and i absolutely love it. i have awesome co-workers, families, and kids. they're adorable, i wish i could tell you all about them, but that would be illegal.
the not so great thing, this closet in my classroom that needs to be cleaned out. but instead of stressing over it, i drove to grandma's house in the bay area and she greeted me with a margarita. so thoughtful.


while in the bay i saw my oldest friend, danielle. we've been besties since first grade and brownies. that's us circa 1997 [?] and as i was driving to her house i did a drive by of my childhood home. oh, the memories.

i also took nan to restoration harware to return things and i spotted this giant scrabble board, swoon.
we found a gem of a shop where we found handmade treasures and crafting supplies from around the world after brunch at a yummy german restaurant.
looking through old photos from the forties and fifties, her high school superlatives were amazing:
'the girl most likely to give birth to a baseball team'
classic.

i've been loving this winter weather-really, and on thursday i had to meet mom for happy hour because it was just that kind of day, and all of the sudden my drink was gone.

i've been able to hang with this little [but big] brother lately. love that kid.

and another thing, something i'm upset about.
my favorite printing service has gone out of business.
it was family owned for years and they weren't able to make it in this economy. this makes me so sad and i urge you to buy locally, buy handmade, and support small businesses. i'm trying my hardest to do so and it feels so good. i was able to make one last order of small [3x3] instagram prints and some panoramic's, but i hope i can find something as a substitute. do any of you have a favorite printing service? i need recommendations.

i'm linking up with jenni for the first time. come check it out, yo.

18 comments:

  1. i miss working preschool!! miss it terribly. i feel like i am having serious brain farts with thinking of ideas/projects to do with jalen. so send some my way! peas!!! ;) and love all ur pics miss hay!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure :) You should check out pinterest for activities!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have been pretty busy lately! Glad you're back to teaching again, although that cupboard makes me cringe inside.

    Glad you went back for that dress and congrats on reaching 100 followers!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love that dress, seriously, love it. I just need somewhere fun to wear it...and the closet, yeah...still not cleaned out :(

      Delete
  3. Wow, so many wonderful pics! Looks like you've been super busy! Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so busy working full time again, but loving it :)

      Delete
  4. I gave you a blog award...Liebster Blog award. Thought of you cause it's German. Check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll try to get around to, promise :)

      Delete
  5. Your grandma sounds amazing! And how lovely that you're still in touch with a friend you made in 1997! That's great. You've been really busy, I enjoyed seeing the photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by :) and yes, my grandma is the best.

      Delete
  6. what a lovely little update! loving your red jeans and your braids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of great photos here!! i love painting my nails and playing around with my hair. oh mand and that photo of you and your friend at brownies totally brings back memories of those days and having to sell cookies. i decided i will resist the cookies this year, i will resist...

    ReplyDelete
  8. a) the dress is absolutely lovely and b) can you please move to Vermont and be my kids' preschool teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love posts exactly like this, so honest and like a window into your days. Happy March.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Help! You and your brother are hilarious! "The Dress" is totally fabulous! So sweet of your mom to get it for you!
    Congrats on your new job! So awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)