Wednesday, March 23, 2011

spring?

hello?
are you still there, reading this blog that i have been neglecting for some time now...or so it feels?
well, i have good reason.
it's starting to get springy over here.
not the weather, no. the weather is still cold, rainy even, which is to be assumed for northern germany i'd think.
at least that's what i assumed and i'm correct.

spring has sprung in the sense that it is freaking busy.
so busy!
does this happen to anyone else?
it's like we are hibernating all winter, settling into a sullen, yet cozy routine.
needs for warmth and comfort take over and any type of activity requiring work, stress, or critical thinking and planning takes a back seat and then, boom. it's march and you have a thousand things on your plate.
well, i do, anyway.

time is flying.
according to my friend, kendall i will be home in 93 days.
umm, what?!
that is way too soon. i feel like i just got here :(

that also means that my friends allie and justin will be getting married in 93 days.
woah there.
and i, being a crazy person, have decided that if i am not dead from flying for 11 hours directly to LAX then switching planes to sacramento, arriving around 5:55pm...i will attempt to make it to the reception, which starts at 6:00pm. not making any promises but i really would like to go. so i will have a change of clothes in my carry on, along with make up in case i'm feeling festive/overachiever-like.

gameday 2006-powder puff with allie and our twenty sevens
-------------------------------------
i also have some really exciting plans coming up in the near future...
SCOTLAND!
yes, you heard correctly.
i will be flying to scotland on april 8th and satying for 4 nights.
two in edinburgh, two in st. andrews.
oh.em.eff.gee
my excitment is unbearable. it was dad's idea (thanks dad!) and it will be my first solo holiday.
only my second time flying alone, first was here to germany.
(go big or go home, right?)

then, following that little extended weekend jig, i still have two weeks free.
whatever is a girl to do?
i'm think little trips to hamburg and cologne
maybe an over-nighter in copenhagen or brussels. 
my little artist heart dreams of going to paris for a weekend alone with my lover, The Louvre, but that is easier said than done, financially speaking.
it's been four years, lover, and i miss you.
(i don't miss looking like shit after a sleepless red eye train from berlin to paris...oh the memories)
------------------------------------------------------------------
at the end of the month the whole family is going to berlin.
oh, berlin, you have my heart.
and i can't wait to see you, it has been too long.
i also miss that "tan".
----------------------------------
so where were we?
oh, yes...may means, kendall!
one of my bests is coming all the way over to germany, her first time to europe, to see me!
i cannot wait, we are going to have a blast!
[yes, i did say blast.]
a few days after kendall goes back home, we are all driving down to basel, switzerland.
but, my dearest friend laycee will be hosting me for the weekend in southern germany in her new appartment with her new husband! not like she had and old one, but you know what i mean. and it is still crazy to say, but i love that she has found someone so great, i can't wait to see them.
i'm also hoping to talk her into making a blog. i mean, she is a newlywed in germany...win.




dang, we were cute/sometimes weird.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

so that is it, business over here. 
i have been slacking on photos lately. i have them, i just haven't actually uploaded them to the computer yet. but i have a few to share. some randoms from the last few days:




 hi my name is hayley, and i only wear black.

and i finally found a bar with margaritas!
.................
cool that the photos look funky, whatever.
+++
you can also find me here this week, as a guest blogger.
whadddduup.
 and i promise that i will have some fresh photos here soon, and some more random questions from the thirty day challenge, and also, some edited, pretty photos for the photoblog.
+++
has anyone else ever been to scotland?
done a solo vacay?
have suggestions for other things i should do during my two weeks holiday?

let a girl in on these things!
xoxo






6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that picture of you and Allie!! It seems like just yesterday! I love Powderpuff football and I love GBHS! Thanks for posting such a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who would have known back then how significant #27 would someday become in Allie's life:)!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley! I loved the shout out. The pic made me miss those days so much. I hope all your travels work perfectly so you can make it! Enjoy your last few months of Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, love this and love your writing and I connect with so many of the things you talk about!

    Second, How did you do make your blog look so pretty with your banner and background and everything!?? I am starting up another one, and I have no idea how to make it look cool like this. You can FB me about this. I just felt like leaving this comment... ha ok love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    sounds pretty awesome your time in germany!
    If you still want to see some more places in europe you can come over and in visit me in Helsinki -I think the city is a short trip worth ;-)

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)