Tuesday, January 4, 2011

it's a new year...

and with the new year comes new resolutions.
now, normally i don't stick to these babies, but, this year
i have made them pretty, like so.

i'm a visual person, and if i stare at these hard enough, i'm bound to make them happen.
right?
right.
1. write.
write more, write on the blog, write on paper
2. see.
see more of the world, more of what's around me
3. love.
fall in love with something new, like collage, or biology
4. decide.
where to go for school, and what to study
5. paint.
more, 'nuff said
6. move.
out of mommy and daddy's house, after this german adventure
7. read.
more, more, more
8. knit.
well, learn to knit, that is
9. simplify.
my life, my possessions, my relationships...for the better
10. talk.
to my friends more often, the three i'll always need
11. shoot.
more photos and become a proud owner of a "big" camera
12. grow and appreciate.
who i have become, and where i am going

see,
there are only twelve.
that is one a month to really focus on.
i think i can do it.
wait...
actually...
i know i can do it.

happy resolution-ing

4 comments:

  1. This has to be the best new years resolutions list idea I have seen. ever. I think i may have to do one.
    Your blog is so lovely by the way. Happy new year, i hope 2011 is amazing and beautiful for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be your mother. What a wonderful list, Hayles. I do think it's realistic. I appreciate one a month. When you come home you can be my life coach--even if you move out! Xxoo! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, thanks mama. i am proud to be your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good list! And your mum is right, it is realistic! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

show some love.
i like hearing what you have to say :)